Oscart Group NV attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data (and that your privacy is respected). In this privacy statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information about what data we collect and how we handle personal data. We make every effort to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. Oscart Group NV is in all cases subject to the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679 Regulation).
- We process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement.
- We only process the personal data that are minimally required for their purposes.
- We ask for your expressed consent if we need it to process your personal data.
- We have taken the appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- We do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which these date were provided or in case it is legally required.
- We want to inform you that we are aware of and respect your personal data rights.
As Oscart Group NV we are responsible for the way your personal data is processed. Should you have questions after reading our privacy statement, please find our contact information below.
Oscart Group NV
Politieke Gevangenenstraat 28
Who is this privacy statement aimed at?
This privacy statement applies to all of our current and former members, participants in activities, suppliers, customers, prospects, employees and those interest in our activities, services or products.
What are our purposes for processing your personal data?
Voor gebruikers van het oscart.eu-platform:
Personal data e.g. name, first name, e-mail address, language, photo, password, 2-step authentication key, user rights, company name, ip address, number of incorrect log-in attempts, actions taken on the website, e-mail or other messages from oscart you have received are processed by Oscart Group NV for the, worden door Oscart Group NV verwerkt voor de volgende doeleinden en juridische gronden:
- Logging in to Oscart.be. (agreement)
- Providing extra security for your account. (permission)
- Sending a new password by e-mail if you do not remember it. (permission)
- Addressing users personally by e-mail. (legitimate interest)
- Displaying content specifically for your company. (agreement)
- Blocking accounts after X number of incorrect log-in attempts. (legitimate interest)
- Tracing users if unwanted actions were performed on the company account. (legitimate interest)
- Providing trainings (agreement)
- Keeping track of who has followed a training (legitimate interest)
- Communicating in the correct language. (legitimate interest)
- Determining what type of actions you are entitled to. (agreement)
- Providing faster user recognition (permission)
- Sending commercial information about our products, newsletters and invitations. (permission)
- Sending occasional e-mails with an offer (linked directly to a recent visit) (permission)
For those in (in)direct contact with employees of Oscart Group NV
Personal data e.g. name, first name, address, e-mail address, company name, company telephone number, company address, mobile number, tags, function are processed by Oscart Group NV for the following purposes and legal grounds
- Handling answers to incoming questions (permission)
- Prospecting (legitimate interest)
- Making quotations and / or invoices (permission and agreement)
- Requesting quotations (legitimate interest)
- Managing files (agreement)
Insofar as personal data processing is based on permission, you always have the right to withdraw the consent given.
For (former) employees, we refer to the internal regulations.
We only collect personal data provided by yourself or your company including registration forms, fill-in forms and contact forms on our website, personal / telephone / e-mail contact, ... . We do not collect personal data via third parties except for exhibition organizations we participated to.
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Provision of personal data to third parties
We may provide third parties with your information should this be necessary for obtaining of the purposes described above or is legally required. For example, we use a third party (external service provider) for
- Saving and processing data in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider)
- Taking care of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting, ...);
- Providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, servers, ...);
- Taking care of the (financial) administration
- Providing and distributing newsletters and invitations
- Using government services
- Participating to external trainings
- Organizing activities in cooperation - activities developed with two or more organizations including co-production
We never pass on personal data to external service providers (processors) with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement (or the same provisions have been included in the contract conditions). We of course make the necessary arrangements with these parties to ensure the security of your personal data and the confidential treatment of your data. Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide to other third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. At no time do we sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
We never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes. We may share personal data with other third parties if you give us your explicit permission.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Your personal data can be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. In that case, your personal data will be protected by specific contractual obligations in accordance with the obligations of the European privacy regulations.
Oscart Group NV slaat geen persoonsgegevens op langer dan nodig om de doeleinden waarvoor de gegevens werden verstrekt te bereiken, rekening houdend met de periode die vereist is om te voldoen aan de wettelijke vereisten (ook op het gebied van boekhouding). De bewaartermijnen kunnen echter verschillen voor elk doel.
Security of the data
Our partners (processors) and ourselves have taken the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure (... infringements, loss and unlawful processing ...).
Should an incident occur where your data is involved, you will be personally informed in the circumstances provided by law.
Your rights and obligations regarding your data
You have the right to access and copy the personal data related to you. You have the right and the obligation to improve and provide your data if it is incorrect or incomplete. You have the right to request the deletion of the personal data which is no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was processed. We reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified. You have the right to restrict data processing. You have the right to request we no longer process certain data. You can also object the way your personal data is processed. For instance, you have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (using unsubscribe options in e-mails).
You can also request us to provide your personal data to yourself or another party. Please use the address at the top of this privacy statement to contact us to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation for your question. We can ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests. In order to prevent misuse, we can ask you to adequately identify yourself. Please add a copy of the front of your identity card to your application. We strongly advise you to make your passport photo invisible and to mention that it is a copy. No category of people is subject to any form of automated decision making or profiling.
Liability of Oscart
The liability of Oscart is limited to the repair of the foreseeable and direct damage suffered by the customer.
Liability of the customer
The customer is liable for the legal and contractual lawful use of the services and the products and is liable for all damage caused to Oscart or third parties. The content of the communication that the customer achieves through the use of the services and the products remains his own responsibility. Oscart indemnifies against all claims that third parties make against Oscart on the basis of incorrect and/or unlawful use of the service or the product.
To gain access to the services and products, the customer is assigned one or more personal usernames and passwords.
The customer is responsible for the confidentiality, safety and appropriate use thereof. To this end, the customer must take all necessary measures to ensure the confidentiality, security and appropriate use of all user names and passwords and to ensure that these are not disclosed to third parties. Oscart excludes all possible liability for damage that may arise in this connection. The customer must protect his systems himself.
Should you have a complaint about the way your personal data is processed or the exercise of your rights, we ask you to contact us directly. You always have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Changes to our privacy statement
Oscart Group NV can always adjust its privacy statement. Privacy statement changes are always announced on our website. The statement was last changed on 7 June 2018.